Friday, January 14, 2011

No Cure for a Mother's Love

A few weeks after I got home I was at the doctor's office for a checkup and my doctor was asking me to fill him in on all that has happened with bringing our Fiona home. As I was telling him all of our struggles, I got a little teary - no surprise to you that know me well. :) He looked and me and said, "there is no cure for a mother's love." And, there isn't. As we've gone through the past twelve weeks since I have been home, it's been a journey all it's own. At first it was a emotional roller coaster. Then I was in fighting mode - gathering everything we could that would help in case we needed it. Now, it's quiet. All of our busy work is done and we are waiting.

God has given me strength and peace to get through some really tough times, and the neat thing is, the more time passes, the more peace I have that she will soon be home with us. The longer she is away though, the more and more I miss her. She is such a beautiful little soul...and I can not wait to share her with all of you. My heart hurts. What my doctor said is so true - there is no cure for a mother's love. This heartache I have will not go away until she is hear. So, I am trying to live with it knowing it is only temporary. Right now, God is fighting this battle. And, while we can't see or hear what is going on, I think He is doing some big stuff to prepare the road ahead. It's all in His hands! I don't know the reasons why we have to wait, and maybe we will never know. What I do know is that the joy that is coming when I do get to bring her home will be bigger and better than I can imagine right now.

Please be in pray for our sweet girl and for Racheal, who is also ready to come home to her family. We ask for your prayers that their Visas will be granted soon and that we'll be headed there to bring them home.

Love,
Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment