Friday, October 1, 2010

One Step Away

Passport = Check

Visa Appointment = Check

Praise God for He is Good and Faithful!

Today was another very long day in Kampala...but a very successful one as well! Godfrey was driving another family today that came in for a court date, which meant that we would be matatuing it through town. We arrived at the Embassy shortly after they opened to check on the medical report. She said they were going to send a driver to the Surgery with the correct form for him to fill out and it would be taken care of. This was good news to start the day! She also confirmed Visa appointments for us at 2:00 on Monday!!!! This will give us plenty of time to have the Visa's processed, probably for pick up on Wednesday and we will fly home Thursday night, arriving in Chicago midday on Friday!!! In my tired and confused state at the end of the day yesterday, I accidentally put my passport receipt into the medical file that we had dropped by the Embassy at the very end of the day yesterday instead of my other folder containing other documents. I was in a panic for a while after I realized it was missing. I finally decided it had to be in the medical file, and fortunately when I asked them at the Embassy this morning, it was there! :) So, all is good!

After the Embassy we decided to hit the clothing market since we had wanted to do that yesterday but ran out of time. It was very claustrophobic, people everywhere, pushing your way through crowds - and after a few minutes I just had to get out. I never have liked enclosed spaces like that! We did quickly find some tennis shoes for the girls to wear home and a couple of outfits. We then found our way to the craft market where we picked up a few items.

We went to the Oasis, which is a local mall to hang out for a few hours and have some lunch. We were supposed to pick up our passports at 4:00 so we had some time to chill out for a while. Godfrey ended up there with the other family he was driving and we all had lunch together. It was nice to meet another family and get to know them. The girls got to ride an escalator for the first time and this quickly became the main source of entertainment!

We then headed to the passport office and had success there! We left with both passports in hand! Yea! Which leaves us one step away from coming home and that is our Visa appointment on Monday. They checked through our paperwork this morning to make sure everything was there, so we should be good to go. Scovia will join us as our witness to testify that the girls are orphans. So happy to be going into the weekend knowing things are in place.

God continues to teach us here. I prayed last night and this morning for God to go before us at each of our destinations today and that He would work through each person to accomplish what we needed. My worry yesterday consumed me a bit, but I had to let it go and let God work for us. And He did, of course.

Someone posted a comment on the Ugandan Adoption page yesterday that said, "When will I let my worry go?" I so completely understand this comment. It is hard to go through this without nerves and emotions getting in the way. These are our kids we are talking about...the most important people in our lives and we would do anything for them. And you are depending on others to provide you with what you need. God is bigger than anyone though and can work through the toughest of people and situations. We have to continually seek His help and ask for His peace. Luckily God knows we are not always going to be as strong as we want or need to be. And, luckily we don't have to be...because we have Him.

I have noticed a few times when Scovia is around all the kids, she will say, "God is good," and the kids will respond, "All the time." And, then she'll say, "All the time," and the kids will respond, "God is good." So true!

Thanks for your continued prayers for us. Much love to you all!

Sara

3 comments:

  1. AWESOME! The countdown is officially on.. I can't imagine what you are feeling right now, knowing you will be home with Fiona Grace in a few days. Enjoy your weekend. We can't wait to meet Fiona and see you soon!!

    Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are Sooo excited and can't wait to welcome you and your precious girls home! Prayers are going our for your safe trip home next week. See you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope all your worries are over for now! Can't wait to hear you are on your way home. Miss you, and can't wait to meet the girls.

    ReplyDelete