Thursday, September 30, 2010

If God Is For Us, Who Can Be Against Us

This is a song we sang at church on Sunday. I have thought about it a lot this week. God is in control of all that is going on here and if He is for us, which He is, then who can be against us? It is hard to explain how things are here sometimes. It is such a different world and the systems set up make it extra difficult to accomplish what you need to sometimes.

Today, we spent our day waiting. We were to stop by the facility that did Fiona's medical exam last time we were here, but the doctor that did her exam is no longer there. So, I had to wait to see another doctor to have him certify a new copy, which at first he seemed reluctant to do since he was not the original doctor to see her. I kept explaining that I just needed them to say this was a true and original copy. Two to three hours later, I finally walked out with it. We will go to the Embassy in the morning to make sure it is sufficient to meet the requirements.

The rest of the day was spent at the passport office. Our passport was supposed to be done today, but we had to get one more signature to make it complete for processing. This one signature literally took hours to obtain getting shuffled from one person to another. We finally go it though!!! We are to go back tomorrow at 4:00 to pick it up.

It is really important that we have both of these things resolved tomorrow so that we can have an Embassy appointment next week and be on our way home. We felt a bit today like the devil was trying to come in and complicate these last few details. I hate to admit it, but I spent a good deal of the day today worrying about these details...which after what God has done for us so far here I am not proud of. I reminded myself that the only thing worrying does is take strength out of you...which it definitely did, and I have to turn these things over to God.

So, I ask for your prayers tonight that God will go before us tomorrow and will make our path straight. Like I said last week, there is so much here that is not in your control, you've got to have God fighting for you. So I will pray once again that God will work in all the individuals involved and that He would make things happen that only He can make happen. To God be the glory for the work He is doing here.

At the end of the day, I have my sweet girl laying beside me sleeping, and she is ours...a gift from God.

Anxious to be home with you all. Love and miss you!

Sara

2 comments:

  1. It has just begun. You have so many adventures ahead of you in raising Fiona, and I believe God is preparing you to deal with all of them as they come up. Praise God! He grows us a little through each trial so that we are ready to face the next. As long as we are with God, all the struggles are worth it. I pray that God will be right there with you, holding your hand throughout the whole process. He will work it out in the end. I am confident of that.
    Stay positive, and stay safe.
    Love,
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess you have the most important thing taken care of already - the granted, signed paper from the Judge!!! The other things will fall into place! I admire your patience. Enjoy your last few days in Africa. We are all thinking of you!

    Mel

    ReplyDelete