Friday, October 15, 2010

Home

Hello Everyone,

We have made it home. Got home about 6:00 last night and was in bed by 8:15, proceeded to sleep for the next 14 hours and again for most of the day. I feel like I am in a fog here. I did not sleep well the last several days we were in Uganda and not much on the flights home, so I guess I have some catching up to do.

Three weeks ago today we were granted our adoption of Fiona. Never thought today I'd be sitting at home while she is still there. While it seems unfair and I don't understand all the reasons, I trust she will be home soon and God has a plan in all of this. The decision to come home was a difficult one and actually did not make it until just hours before leaving for the airport. I just kept thinking, how can I come home without her again?

I was finally able to get a hold of someone at the Embassy and was told that realistically, we are looking at two more weeks. Leaving was hard, but mentally and emotionally, I was spent. Every moment of everyday there is spent trying to fight something you have little control over. I've got to let God keep fighting this for me there. We are going to take this time to talk to our congressman and senator and express to them our concerns with this process. There are many families battling the same battle as us. I know we are just a couple of people, but with God, hopefully we can get some people to listen and see the injustice that is happening.

Fiona and Racheal got settled into their new place very well. Got to skype with all of them today which was great. A few minutes after we talked, Fiona wanted to call back to say goodnight again. :) I left my laptop there so we should be able to talk everyday. God blessed us greatly with a loving home and friends to care for them!

Please continue to pray for all the families in Uganda going through the adoption process. These good people need our prayers for strength and comfort. Please also pray that God will soften hearts of the Embassy employees in their dealings with families there. Of course, prays for visas for Fiona and Racheal too would be great! :)

Love,
Sara

2 comments:

  1. Glad you got home safely. I am sure your return was bittersweet. Give me a call when you are settled. Maybe the 4 of us can go out and you can catch us up.

    Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sara, my heart aches for you that you had to leave your precious girl behind for the second time. It's good that you had someone you know and trust to leave her with though, and that you can at least skype with her. I know you must be incredibly frustrate with the drawn-out issues at the embassy. Hopefully you will be able to have some impact stateside by contacting government officials here who can move things along there. What will it cost you to fly back again? E-mail me and let's see what I can do to be of assistance to you in that regard. Love you all and will continue to pray for the happy ending this story deserves. Aunt Barb

    ReplyDelete