Sunday, October 17, 2010

A Prayer of Promise

Hello Family and Friends,

I've been home a few days now and am starting to readjust. I got to watch Tyler play in two of his playoff games this weekend which was great since I missed most of the season. He did an awesome job! They were defeated yesterday in the last minute and a half of the game, so they are officially done now. Glad I made it time to see him play!

We've been able to skype with Fiona three out of four days and it is so good to see her, talk to her and know she is well. It is good to be home, but I wish more than anything she would have come with me this trip. Waiting on news from the Embassy this week and praying they will say they can issue visas.


I was sitting in bed a couple of nights ago just thinking about things. My heart feels split right now between here and there. I am thankful that I am not in control of all this and I know He has a plan, but that doesn't mean it's going to easy. My plan certainly hasn't matched up with His plan through this process and I have to admit I have had questions along the way. But I look at what God has done and I am amazed. I have gotten to spend ten weeks this year in a completely different culture. My eyes have been opened to a whole new world - one that I needed to see and understand (if that is possible). God has given us new friends and new family halfway around the world that have taught us so much about faith. And, God has given us a daughter.

As I sat there I was lead to a book on my nightstand that I have not looked at in over a year. So I picked it up and turned to a chapter called a Prayer of Promise. It was the perfect answer to the questions that were swirling through my mind. The author shared, "God has kept His promises, and He has always come through. Many times it didn't feel as if He was going to, but He did. It certainly hasn't been the way I was trying to direct Him each time or as quickly as I wanted to see things happen. And, thank God, it wasn't to the degree I envisioned. I was always far better. His timing was perfect and His way was right!"

Grateful God gave me these words to read at that moment. Much love to you all and once again - thank you for your continued prayers! Please pray for the Embassy this week!

Love,
Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment