Hello Everyone,
So, yesterday I told you that we were in waiting mode, and that continued today. We are still waiting on an appointment time from the Embassy. We hoped to get it sometime today, but now are hoping for tomorrow. Everything involves waiting here, which we are getting used to, but still are anxious of course and ready to get this scheduled! We pray this will happen early next week so that we can soon be home!
Tomorrow we are going to the facility that did Fiona's medical exam to get a "new original" since the first original has not been found. While we are there I am going to have them check her over a bit. She does not quite seem like herself today and is going to the bathroom very frequently, and then just goes a little bit when she goes. I think she may have a bladder infection, so we'll see if we can figure out what is going on. Hopefully an antibiotic will do the trick. Then we are going to the clothing market in Kampala which is supposed to be great. We'll see what kind of deals we can find! :)
Today each of the girls said goodbye to their classmates and teachers and took in some treats to share. And, then we offered to take Mama Scovia to lunch. She chose a little Ugandan restaurant. It was a really hot day today and even hotter in this little restaurant that didn't have the least bit of ventilation in it. We were so hot! I took a few bites and then had to excuse myself to got outside and get some air. I thought I was going to get sick or passout. After getting some air I started to feel a bit better. It was a rather quiet day otherwise, which left me feeling a bit homesick. Thank goodness I have a great friend here with me though and I keep telling myself we will be home soon! :)
Tonight I asked Fiona if she knew what her middle name would be when she got to America...I told her it would be Grace and she just beamed. She kept saying something, but I could not understand her. She seemed quite pleased with the name though. Then she practiced saying Brodzinski...very cute!
I am off to bed now. Thank you for all the prayers being sent our way. Love and miss you all!
Sara
We are ready to have you both home sooner rather than later, but you are on the home stretch! Can't wait to meet Fiona Grace Brodzinski :-)
ReplyDeleteLove,
Becky & Andy
I so wish ya'll were coming home this week, especially since the concert and fall festival at church would be an amazing event to show Fiona but, as you keep saying, God has a plan in all of this! We're sending more prayers and love and hope for great news tomorrow! Love you :)
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful middle name!! You are almost there - prayers continue to come your way.
ReplyDeleteMelanie and Jason