Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Each Day a Step Further

Dear Friends and Family,

So, today we got up bright and early...at 6:00 a.m., in fact to make our way to the US Embassy so that we would be there when they opened. We wanted to turn in our court rulings so that we could get our visa appointments. There are many families in Uganda right now and it is handled on a first come first serve type basis. We were told that most likely our appointment would not be until Monday. I must admit my heart sank a little bit at this...guess I had gotten my hopes up a little bit about coming home this weekend. We should hopefully know tomorrow when our appointment will be. There is still an outside chance we could get in this week. We got our written ruling as quickly as we could though and got it to the Embassy as soon as physically possible, so the rest is up to God. I guess He will determine how much longer we are here. :) We told the clerk that we had scheduled flights next Thursday and she said even with appointments early next week, we should have our visas in time to travel. So, I can at least say I will be home next week, which sounds pretty good!

We really did not have much else to do today, so we headed back to the Cassia Lodge for a day of swimming. The girls were so excited to be going again. It turned out to be a relaxing day in the sun.

I did get a call from the Embassy this afternoon while at the pool. They were having trouble locating Racheal and Fiona's medical exams. They called to say they had found Racheal's, but not Fiona's. So we have to make a trip to the facility where it was done so that they can make a new original copy for us. Luckily they were able to find a photocopy, so the doctor there just needs to review it and sign it.

We are definitely in waiting mode right now. Please keep the final stages of this in your prayers. There are many families here working through the same process, all wanting to get home. There are a lot of steps and hoops to jump through and it all requires a great deal of patience and faith, so please keep them in your prayers as well. Things do not move quickly here, but God is doing good things in Uganda for these children as the court process is finally moving again.

And, God is doing great things for us as families being able to bring these precious children home. I feel very blessed that God has brought me here to Fiona. I am ready to bring her home! :)

Much love to you all!

Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment