We started off this Sunday with a trip to Gaba to go to church. Worship was fabulous as always! Then we went for a visit at Mama Scovia's house where we got to see a lot of our favorite kiddos we have not seen in a long time. They are all so sweet and greeted us with hugs and smiles. Wish I could take them all home! Then we were back here for the afternoon. My friend Melissa's daughter Mercy turned two today so the house was full of kids for the big birthday party! Please keep Melissa and Mercy in your prayers this week that God would work mightly in everyone's hearts and bring them home!!!
The girls played all evening and there was a lot of laughing and fun being had. It feels so good to be back here with Fiona knowing I soon will be bringing her home! Tomorrow night we are having a big dinner party with all of the special people who have become like family through this process. Looking forward to celebrating with our dear friends!
So, tomorrow is the day we have been waiting on for so long - our trip to the Embassy. It is hard not to feel a little anxious about going there. As I have told many people, the last time I was there I had probably the biggest meltdown of my life, so it does not hold the fondest memories for me! :-) God has brought us on this journey though and has had a plan in it all. It may have been a long and painful journey at times, but I never felt God not with us directing our steps. Each trial these past fews has brought us closer to Him and he continues to reveal His goodness in each one. This time, He has given us our daughter! And, Life Is Good!
P.S. You can still keep those prayers coming! :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment