Hello! Today was another eventful day. Today was the day we hoped to have our visa in hand. However, since a new medical was required (which is done and in their hands), since the old one had expired we were told they needed a little extra processing time. We were told we could come back on Wednesday to pick it up, but as you all know we fly home tomorrow night! In the end though and to keep a long story short and simple for now, they told us to come back tomorrow to pick it up. This will mean that we will most likely go to the airport right from the Embassy. We have heard many stories like this, but we hoping not to be one of them!! :)
Tonight we had the Lule family and Godfrey's family over for a big dinner party. The house was packed! We all enjoyed a traditional Ugandan meal and then spent some time talking, singing and praying together. What an amazing group of people, who we now call family. Goodbye's are not easy though and I admit I had to fight back tears more than once, not knowing when we will see them again. Uganda and these individuals have changed who I am and how I look at the world. What an amazing gift!
So tomorrow we will pack up, head back to the Embassy and then the airport. I hope I do not feel like I am on an episode of the Amazing Race, but that may happen! :-)
Your continued prayers over these next 24 hours is greatly appreciated. We look forward to seeing everyone very soon and introducing you to the newest Brodzinski! Look out world! :-)
Love,
Sara
We are certainly counting the hours until you guys are home safe! Can't wait to finally meet Fiona - will definitely be praying for you this evening!
ReplyDelete