Friday, May 20, 2011

Back in Africa!

Just finishing day one in Africa and all is well. Arrived very late last night - close to 1:00 a.m. - our flight was rerouted to Rwanda before coming to Entebbe, so it added about three hours to an already very long leg of the trip! Staying at a great place - the best so far - with a fellow adoptive mom friend. Got to see Fiona this morning and she ran into my arms with a big smile! The last seven months of our lives have been full of heartache waiting and praying for this moment to come, and I can't believe it, but that heartache is somehow already fading. God is good! Went to finish the medical this morning and all was good!! Fiona did have to have a chest x-ray as part of the TB test, but it was clear! Then we all went to lunch and since it is Friday, we made the trip to the Friday market - where I went a little nuts! I am bringing back a lot of crafts that I am going to sell to raise money for the Awaka foundation - more information on that once I am home. And, I of course found some must have items and gifts to share!! Miss Racheal is doing fabulous as well with that same beautiful smile she always has! Love to you all and can't wait to see everyone back home next week. Until then, I am going to soak in the goodness here!

God Bless to All!

Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment