Monday, October 4, 2010

Visa Appointment Complete

Hello Everyone,

We started out early this morning to deliver copies of the girls passports to the Embassy so that our files would be complete for this afternoon. We came back here while we waited for our appointments in the afternoon and then headed back with Scovia. A lot of the time was spent reviewing all our forms and getting signatures to complete the file, which was no problem...everything is there. The tougher part came with the orphan investigation. Scovia was called in and explained how she found Racheal and Fiona and how she took them in and cared for them. When each of us (Rachelle and I) were interviewed individually, we felt a bit like we were under interrogation. I know they are just doing their job and unfortunately there are people who come into this with the wrong motives...we see that played out on the evening news sometimes.

There is an orphan investigator that goes out "in the field" to collect information and write a report, which has been done, but has to be typed up and he's been out of the office at a conference, so he's got some catching up to do tomorrow when he's back. They have tentatively set up for us to come back on Wednesday to pick up the visas, unless they run into any problems before that or it's not ready. We told her our flight plans though, so hopefully Wednesday will work.

Tonight I ask for your prayers once again for the Embassy employees that are working on our cases. I continue to pray that God will go before us each and every place that we go and that He will work in every situation and in every person. This process is not an easy one. I am not complaining, it is just the way it is and it is all worth it. I can't do this alone, that is for sure. I have to invite God along through each step. God has moved a lot of mountains for us, and this is just one more for Him to move so that we can accomplish this. He continues to ask me to trust in Him with all my heart. I believe He has a story for us to tell...a story of turning what seems like impossible situations over to Him to handle for us. He's been working on this with me for a few years now - I guess I am a tough student. :) I think I am starting to catch on. I am going to do my best to put my worry aside and let Him finish this and bring us home.

Three more days - but who's counting!

Lots of love to you all. Thank you for your prayers!

Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment