Hello Everyone,
Today was a pretty quiet day here. Lots of time to think, which is sometimes good, and sometimes bad. No news from the Embassy today as they were closed for Columbus day. Tomorrow we are really needing some news from them!
Tonight after dinner Livingstone came over with one of the ministers from church, Jonathan. He was really nice and we went through some scripture together before praying. Like the scripture I quoted last night, he talked about how we are all going to have trouble in this world...but that we are to never give up on God's plan for us. His prayer was great and he said everything that was on my heart.
The waiting is hard, but we are called to wait upon the Lord. I believe God is fighting this battle for us right now and we need to allow Him time to work. One thing I have no doubt in is that these girls are ours, God has given them to us. God will be victorious in this battle. Jonathan said that he believes God is giving us a testimony to share for the rest of our lives, and I agree with that. I have felt for some time now, God is giving us a story to tell and it is going to be our job to make sure we do just that. The end of this particular chapter will hopefully just be the beginning of our next chapter.
I know that I have your prayers tonight and for that I thank you. We are blessed to have a lot of prayer warriors out there for these girls and us. Please pray that tomorrow we will receive the news that we need and that we can prepare to bring these girls home where they belong. God has given us an amazing adventure here in Africa and it will continue to be part of us always, but I am so ready to be home starting our new life with Fiona and seeing where else God will take us.
Love,
Sara
Never fear, I am praying! I know they will come home sometime, and sincerely hope this is the week it will happen. Looking forward to seeing you all.
ReplyDeleteLove,
Sharon
Thinking of you today!
ReplyDeleteMelanie