Dear Family and Friends,
Today we continued to enjoy time in Kampala. We woke up and had breakfast and the girls enjoyed another swim in the pool. After that, we headed to the mall and Rachelle and I got facials at the salon we went to last night. $15 for a full facial - it was a very nice treat. :) The pedicures last night were only $7 per person and they were great! We took a taxi to Quality Hill, which is our favorite latte place and enjoyed a late lunch there. So, that wrapped up our weekend of splurging. It was really nice and the air conditioning last night as we slept was just divine!!! The girls were just fascinated by the hotel and everything they saw. Big smiles from both!
We've been here for about a month now. Livingstone came over to visit tonight and we sat for quite a while and talked about everything that has happened. Some of our paths along this journey have seemed troubled, yet as we talked about it all, there are soooo many places where we see that God has been orchestrating it all...every meeting, conversation...He's been in it all.
I have many highlighted verses in my bible that I like to look through when I need some encouraging words. The verse I opened up to tonight is one of my favorites. I came across it at least a couple of years ago when life seemed full of trouble for me.
"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world." John 16:33
God has given us His words so that we may have peace in this world...a world that will sometimes be full of trouble. But have faith...He has overcome the world!
I look at this coming week and could worry all day and night about what could happen. What trouble could be around the corner waiting for me? But God has overcome the world, He has conquered battles and pathed paths that only He could. I think you can probably all guess what my prayer request is tonight. Visas this week so that we can come home!!! The Embassy we hear is closed tomorrow due to Columbus Day, so we most likely won't have news until Tuesday. We tentatively have our flight planned for Wednesday night. Please pray for God to conquer this for us!
I have to add that my praying mantis friend is still here. The little baby one I found on my window ledge the other night died the next morning, but as soon as I went down to breakfast that day, there was a big praying mantis on the stair rail. It's been here ever since. I don't know how to explain it, but I know this is a little sign from God of all the prayers being given - my mom said it is a little sign from God that is speaking loudly.
Thank you so much for your continued love, support and prayers!
Love,
Sara
Your post today put a smile on my face - first...facials for $15 and pedis for $7?! Hmmm, I could see the appeal of the third world country - minus the creepy crawly things and all. Second...the praying mantis, the first time you wrote about him - I pictured the praying mantis from "A Bugs Life". I don't particularly like bugs - but knowing that the "older, wiser" one is a sign of good things to come this week, I think he will stick around for a while! Will be praying for your return this week WITH the girls in tow. Can't wait to see you and your beautiful girl! Love, Lisa, Casi and Paige
ReplyDeleteSara I have been thinking about all four to you all day today. I have even asked the people at my aunt's church to pray that all four of you get to come home.
ReplyDeleteI am continually praying for things to work out that the girls get their visas.
On a sad note, my daughter-in-laws dog was hit by a car last Wednesday night. I had to call Aaron and let me know so that way he could tell Ashley.
I cannot wait to see all four of you. God speed.