Day two in Africa started early as Fiona and Rachel had a field trip at school they were going on. They were both excited to be able to go. Last night Fiona slept pretty good. It was her first night in the hotel and away from Rachel, so I was not sure what to expect. She woke up several times in the night and would put her little hand on my arm and say, "mom?" And I would say, yes I am still here and she'd go back to sleep. She had to get up to go potty once and then needed some water another time. At 4:30 she was ready to play and got up out of bed to get her new doll and then came back to bed asking for stickers. I told her it was still night time and to go back to sleep. :) She did, thank goodness!
Most of the day for Rachelle and I was pretty peaceful. We were able to read some and then spent much of the day visiting with Livingstone. The girls were supposed to be back around 5:00, but when we got to the school, we were informed they were running late and may not be back until 7:00. So we walked with Livingstone to the market to get some Rolex's for dinner and then met up with Teddy who joined us back at the hotel for dinner. The bus did not end up arriving until 7:45! Rachelle and I commented how this would not happen at home and if it did it would end up on the evening news as parents would be worried sick!
We got back to the hotel, the girls ate some leftover Rolex and then bathed and fell asleep. I hope they are not too worn out for our big day tomorrow. Yes, tomorrow is the day we have been waiting on for months now! Court! We will leave here at 7:00 when Godfrey arrives to pick us up and then we will head to Sarah's office for a meeting in preparation for court at 10:00. For those of you back home that will be at 3:00 a.m. in the night tonight, so say an extra prayer for all to go well. Please pray for special prayer of mercy for our judge and that his heart will be softened to us and for Sarah our attorney that God will give her all the words she needs to say. Livingstone and Scovia will be joining us for court as well, as they may need Scovia's testimony of these girls being orphans, so I ask for prayers that God will also provide her with the words she needs.
So, how do I feel on the eve of our court date? Surprisingly peaceful. This trip feels so different from our last trip and I just feel that God's got this all worked out. We have a few things to take care of in Kampala while we are there, but I will post an update as soon as I am able. Once we are seen, the judge will set a date for us to come back for a ruling, which we are hoping will be next week. As soon as we have that we can work on the Visa, so we are praying for a quick ruling.
Thanks for taking this journey with us and for all your prayers you've so graciously given us. We appreciate each and every one of them and I can truly feel them, so I thank you for that.
Much love to you all and to Dave and Tyler who I miss so much!
Sara
Hey Seester! I'm so excited that everything feels so good this trip, we are sending so many prayers that the judge's heart is softened by God and that he sees in your and Rachelle what we all know, that you are amazing parents and are a true blessing to these girls as they are to you. i'll be updating my blog later so you can see what we've been up to since you left, love you!
ReplyDelete~Vicki
Sara,
ReplyDeleteSorry I've been out of touch! You have been on my mind, though, and I'm praying for everything to go well this trip. How truly moving to read what you wrote about Fiona touching your arm in the night and seeking reassurance that you were there for her. I can't wait to meet her!
Please share my wishes, hopes, and prayers with Rachelle. I'll check in tomorrow to read the latest. Till then, all my love! Aunt Barb
I bet you are about to wake up for your big day!!! The day is finally here! Please know what we are all thinking of you today and are anxiously awaiting your update. Keep strong!
ReplyDeleteMelanie
Prayers are with you this evening for a super day in court! We are with you in spirit.
ReplyDeleteLove,
Uncle Andy & Aunt Becky