God is Good!
I have been waiting for months now to be able to write this post and tell you all that the judge granted us adoption today of Fiona! We are officially her parents! :) And, Tyler is officially a big brother! :) Rachelle and Mark also were granted adoption of Racheal! Two other families in court received adoption rulings as well and one legal guardianship was granted with the correct wording. It was a great day for many families here today!!!
We arrived at court this morning for our ruling, only to find out that the judge was going to hear new cases before giving his rulings and were told to come back at 2:00 in the afternoon. So we made good use of our time and went to the US Embassy (I was finally able to talk to someone there this morning on the way to court), who told us to bring by our preliminary paperwork. Once we have the written ruling, which hopefully will be Monday, we will take that in and then schedule our Visa appointment. On Monday we will also be able to hand in our passport information. We have to have a quick meeting on Monday with the Ministry of Gender and then our paperwork for that will be complete and we should have the passport within a couple of days.
I have cried a few tears throughout this process (hard to imagine I know), but today Rachelle and I cried tears of joy. How often in life do you get to cry real tears of joy? How blessed we are!!! God is Good!!!
So, we will know pray for our passports and visas to be processed quickly so that we can bring our daughters home! Soon!
Praise God for this wonderful day!
Love and gratitude to you all!
Sara
Tears of Joy is right! As soon as I got the email from Dave this morning I was in tears - what a blessing from above that you will soon get to bring Fiona home. I cannot tell you how inspirational it is to witness your unwavering faith and to see God work for Fiona's benefit, knowing what a wonderful parents He has given her! Will continue to pray for your swift return! Love to you all - Lisa, Casi and Paige
ReplyDeleteHallelujah!! When I got Dave's email it was all I could do to not start shouting for joy!! God is so good and faithful!! Will continue praying for all of the other formalities to be seamless and for the transition as you bring Fiona home. May God continue to go before each of you, preparing the way for His perfect plan.
ReplyDeleteLove you and can't wait to meet your DAUGHTER!!!!
OH SO THRILLED AND GRATEFUL TO GOD!!! We were thrilled to hear the news this morning. I spent the evening yesterday counting down the hours until your court time! We so happy for you all!
ReplyDeleteLove,
Judy, Michael, Abigail, and Amanda
p.s. We love the new photos...Abigail LOVED Fiona's dress! ;-)
Hooray! We are now "officially" Aunt Becky and Uncle Andy to Fiona!! :-) More importantly, of course, Fiona has her Mom, Dad, and big brother and you have her as a beautiful addition to your family. We are so excited to have you all home and meet this little girl who stole our hearts months ago.
ReplyDeleteLove,
Becky & Andy
I had trouble sleeping last night, so you were on my mind at all hours. I was so anxious to get on line to find out the ruling. PRAISE GOD!! I'm praying everything goes smoothly, and you are all back here in Mishawaka in short order. I, too, could not help sheding a few tears on learning that both girls will be coming home with you.
ReplyDelete"Our God is an awesome God. He reigns from Heaven above with wisdom, power, and love. Our God is an awesome God!"(Thanks to the late Rich Mullins for those fitting lyrics.) Now I'll be praying that everything else falls into place with passports, visas, etc. so before you know it, you'll be winging your way home to Indiana with your darling new daughter. Much love to all of you and can't wait to see you! Aunt Barb
ReplyDeleteCongratulations!
ReplyDeleteMelanie and Jason