Saturday, June 12, 2010

Day 30

Hello Everyone!

So, I will start with something that happened last night. At about 2:00 a.m. we were asleep. All the sudden I woke up feeling something crawling on my arm. I opened my eyes to see something black crawling up the side of the inside of the mosquito net. I quickly woke Dave up and we looked to see what it was and could not find anything. Upon further inspection though, we found a bat in the sheets at the bottom of our bed. He then went under the bed. Dave and I evaluated the situation for some time and just did not know how to get it out of the bedroom. So there we were waking up Teddy, a 17 year old girl to come rescue us from the bat. She showed no fear and after a few minutes had it in a bag. Going back to sleep was a challenge I must say.

Today we prepared dinner for everyone, a Mexican fiesta for Dave's birthday. We had homemade salsa, guacamole, chips, potatoes, eggs with Mexican sausage, chapate's, and fried chicken. I got to make the chapate's today and I am looking forward to making them when we get home. They have been one of our favorite foods here. Yum!

Florence got a cake for Dave's birthday. Having a cake for someones birthday is a very big deal here in Uganda. It is a luxury to have one. Livingstone made homemade signs to wish Dave a Happy Birthday and they sang to him several times. Scovia came for dinner too and stood up and sang herself while dancing. It was very cute. Livingstone also made Dave a birthday gift, which was some wooden sandals that he carved himself. They have all been calling Dave the "baby" for the last two days, which is what they call the birthday boy or girl. So, it's been Baby Dave. Our American friend Andrea also joined us for dinner with her little boy Joshua. It was a really fun evening and we will truly miss these people when we come home. They really feel like part of our family.

After dinner Livingstone and us went to Sarah, our attorneys house, for a brief meeting. She has been out of town, so she was nice enough to have us come over to go talk about Monday. We will be meeting with her at 11:00 with court being at 2:00. Please continue prayers for Sarah as well as judge OKello. We are fasting here tomorrow with the Lule family to prepare for Monday, so anyone who would like to join us, please feel free to do so.

Tomorrow we will go to church and then hopefully have a restful day before Monday. I will try to post some new pictures tomorrow of our dinner tonight. Thanks for all of the birthday wishes for Dave.

We look forward to being home this coming Friday. It will be bittersweet to leave, but we will be back to get these girls soon!!!

We love you all!
Sara and Dave

Tyler - It was fun to talk to you a couple of times today! Can't wait to see you in person!!!!! XOXOXOXOXOXOXO

2 comments:

  1. Did Tyler tell you I tortured him on Friday night? I figured it was good for him since he will soon have a little sister! Paige has promised to teach Fiona everything she knows about irritating her older sibling - so she will be giving Ty a tatse of his own medicine before ya know it!

    Can't believe you had a bat in your room...there is NO way I would have been able to go to sleep. Glad you guys had a wonderful birthday celebration. Looking forward to seeing you soon. Will continue to pray that the Judges' heart is softened and that you will be able to get back to pick up Fiona as soon as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and a bat? This gets funnier everytime I think about it!! (I know it wasn't funny at the moment)
    What an amazing birthday celebration for Dave! I am sure he will never forget this birthday!!
    Still praying and trusting God to make the way for you all to get home soon.
    Much love!

    ReplyDelete