Saturday, May 15, 2010

Day Two

Hello Family and Friends,

We are wrapping up our second day in Uganda and just got home from walking Fiona and Rachel back to Scovia's house for the night. We were able to spend several hours with them today. Fiona colored in coloring books for about two hours straight. She enjoyed it very much. The girls were also have to stay and have dinner with us. I think she packed more away in her tummy than could fit. I have never seen a child put literally nothing to waste. She shared many smiles and laughs today with us and is feeling comfortable with us. She repeats many English words right away. She was very interested in the pictures of Tyler and immediately smiled when she saw them. She can say his name too. She would put them down and pick them back up to look at them. It was really cute.

Last night we were finally able to sleep. After breakfast I came back up and slept a couple of more hours too! It was very interesting going to sleep last night and hearing the sounds outside, everything from roosters crowing, to flutes being played, music playing, preaching in the streets, childrens voices, it was really something. Today Livingstone came here for a visit before he brought the girls over and we were able to spend time hearing from him what life is like in Uganda. We can only understand about half of what he says, but it is still very intersting all the same. Florence has been doing the cooking for us along with some other wonderful ladies. They work so hard to prepare the meals. There is work going on in the kitchen from morning until night.

The children here are so cute and sweet. As we walked through the village and market yesterday in our big hats, we kind of stuck out in the crowd. The kids are so quick to smile and say hello. Several kids were following me at one point and said, maam, maam, won't you take our picture? I did and they just loved it.

Tomorrow will go to church. We are very much looking forward to it. I think it will be quite the experience.

Hopefully on Monday we will hear from Peter first thing and know about a court date. The court system is very unpredictable right now, so we ask for your prayers that God will work his wonders here for these little girls.

Home seems very far away right now, but the people here are beautiful and we are blessed for God bringing us here. This is most certainly a life changing experience and we have only been here two days!

I am still having trouble uploading pictures, so I apologize for that! I may have to try an Internet cafe tomorrow.

Much love to you all and thank you for your prayers!

Sara and Dave

1 comment:

  1. Hey Seester, I replied to your email today but in case you don't get that I thought I'd suggest down-sizing your photos in something like MS Paint to try uploading or emailing them to someone here and having them upload them to your blog for you, just a thought. Have an awesome time at church in the morning, i'm sure it will be an amazing experience and really uplifting! LOVE YOU BOTH :)

    ReplyDelete