Hi Everyone,
I am a little late on this post, so I apologize! Yesterday ended later than usual and I was just pooped! We spent most of our day with the girls yesterday. Each day we fall in love with them more. We got to Skype Tyler yesterday with Fiona here, so he along with grandma and grandpa got to meet Fiona. She was very fasicinated with the computer and seeing herself on the screen, but she did smile and wave and say goodbye at the end. We got to have lunch and dinner together and Fiona took a nap on me in the afternoon. I brought a little plastic tea set, which was a huge hit! Fiona likes to immitate what we do, so yesterday I winked at her and she kept winking back.
We have found out over the past few days that we are sharing this guesthouse with a few unwanted guests. Last night at dinner, there was a mouse that kept running along the side of the wall. Rachelle and I were very proud of ourselves for not screaming and running away. I was freaking out, but quietly! Last night in the sitting room, Rachelle and I were playing with the girls in the sitting room and in came a bat! Fiona and Rachel laughed so hard at Rachelle and I and Fiona laughed so hard she had tears running down her face. It is so nice to see her having so much fun. Florence said Fiona laughed so hard because she was "not used to seeing mature people act react that way." Too funny! This morning when Dave was bathing, he found a bat in the corner of the tub with him! So glad it was him and not me because he handled it so well! The little bat was actually quite scared and Florence was able to come and get the trembling bat and take it outside. We have big flying beetles and last night sitting on the outside balcony there were lizards walking around. Hot water comes at a high commodity around here, some days we have it and others we do not. We can live with all of these things though and we'll have stories to share for the rest of our lives! :)
The waiting is the hardest part here. Our applications were sent back to Peter yesterday because they did not like some of the wording. He has re-written it and sending it back to court today. Hopefully we will hear about a court date today! Please pray for that! We have taken the girls passport photos and Livingstone is taking those to get copies made. We need a copy for the medical exam that we have scheduled for Thursday morning. They will attach the photo to their exam and send to the US Embassy for when we get their visas.
Fiona came here this morning with her other front tooth gone. They call that space a divu. So, the story they tell here is that a mouse will come tonight and take the tooth and then in the morning she will have pancakes!
We are hitting some roadblocks, but we are choosing to remain faithful to God's plan for us here. In the meantime we will enjoy the coming of our girls. Thank you all for your continued prayers. We love you and miss you! Love you Tyler!!!
I'm glad you didn't freak out too much with your 'houseguests' cause i sure as heck would have! We're sending lots of prayers that the paperwork hiccups get worked out asap and that it will get the ball rolling for you. Lots of love!
ReplyDeleteHi Sara and Dave this is Bailey. Hope things are going well in Uganda. Can't wait till you come home so I can meet Fiona. I am looking at your post everyday. I am keeping you in my prayers.
ReplyDeleteLove,
Bailey
Hi Sara and Dave this is Ben. I can't wait till you get back so I can meet Fiona. I will pray for you until you get home.
ReplyDeleteLove,
Ben