Thursday, October 7, 2010

Still Here In Uganda

Dear Friends and Family,

I send you greetings from Uganda tonight. After a long couple of days of difficult and uncertain news on our timeline here, we decided to extend our stay for one week and see what happens. We are praying like crazy that the US Embassy will grant us Visa's next week and we will be home with the girls. We went to the KLM office today to cancel our flight for this evening and rebook. The only flight that had room on it next week was for Wednesday night, so the decision was made for us, which was kind of nice...no guessing that way. They were very kind to us, given our situation and waived the $250 per person change fee for rescheduling. We tentatively booked seats for the girls too and they gave us discounted rates for them which was also very nice.

Today was much better than yesterday. We feel at peace with the decision and leaving today was just too abrupt given the news we just got on the orphan investigation. We were scared about how long it will take and are missing our families at home - our heads were just spinning yesterday! Tonight, at this moment, we hoped that we would have been on the plane with our girls for our big homecoming tomorrow. I am still frustrated with the process. We have come so far and to be halted at the finish line was heartbreaking. I am going to try to put my frustrations and hard feelings aside for the next few days and just enjoy our time here. And, pray a lot!!!

Today Godfrey took us out to run some errands and he took us by his home to meet his wife and son. We have heard so much about them and it was great to meet them in person. His son is so cute and his wife is just a lovely person. They are getting ready to move down the street from where they are right now into a new complex and he showed us that as well. They are currently fostering two children whose parents will soon be coming for court dates and he hopes to be able to expand this with some more space. They are doing some really good work here!

After that, we went to the KLM office and then the mall to grab some supplies and have lunch. Rachelle and I were just pooped this afternoon, and the ladies at the hotel have really taken to the girls, so they were entertaining them while we got a quick snooze in this afternoon.

So right now, I think God wants us to wait. I think we need to take a step back for a few days here and let the process move and more importantly, let God work. I think I need to take my own advise and stand back, get out of the way, and let Him fight this battle for us. God's timing is rarely the same as our own timing and when he finishes this, the timing will be perfect. (Thanks Sharon for your lovely post - it really helped me!) He will work all this out in a bigger and better way than we could have imagined and we will give Him all the glory when that happens. All the messages and emails have been so great and I love receiving them, so thank you!

Missing Tyler so much! Sorry I am not coming home as soon as we hoped to! We will be together soon I promise! Missing home, family and friends and waiting for us to all be able to celebrate together soon!

Oh, also - when I went into the bathroom tonight there was a praying mantis on the window ledge. I have always loved those and when we were young I remember my mom always saying they were good luck. Maybe a little sign from God. One bug I don't mind seeing here! :)

Lots of love to you all and many, many thanks for your prayers. Please keep them coming! :) I know you will!

Love,
Sara

2 comments:

  1. WOW!! Even the bugs are praying! You are in my thoughts constantly. I carry a picture of Rachel and Fiona in my head these days. Praise God for the peace he's giving you at the moment. Please try to enjoy these few more days with friends there.
    Love you all!
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you and trusting in God's perfect timing. Stay strong in Him sweet one and let Him move those mountains.
    Love you!!

    ReplyDelete