Dear Family and Friends,
I am sorry that it has been over a week since I updated the blog. This last week has been one of the roughest of this adoption journey, and of my life to be honest. Last Wednesday we asked the Embassy for an update and on Thursday morning received a message from them that they were sending our case to Nairobi for further review. This means that a visa will not be issued by them right now. The USCIS office in Nairobi is basically the immigration hub for that part of the world. They will review the case and then once it is approved send it back to the Embassy to process a visa.
This was what we feared the most at this point. Hearing it was being sent to Nairobi was like hearing it was being sent to the Bermuda triangle. Since then we have learned a lot about what this means though and believe this is just another roadblock Satan has set up hoping to discourage us.
Through our network of fellow adoptive parents, we were given information on an attorney in DC that helps in cases like this, who we have now spoken at length to. She is wonderful, is a Christian and has adopted three children internationally herself. She completely understands the obstacles that come with this process. As a result of her own experiences, she works pro bono for families like us. What a blessing!
I was also able to talk to a new friend this week who returned to the States just a few weeks ago after a long stay in Uganda and her case being sent to Nairobi. It was so helpful being able to talk to her and get encouraging words from someone who has been through the same thing. God has placed some incredible people in our lives throughout this process and she is certainly one of them! Thank you for your kind words and prayers!
When they review our file they may decide to approve it right away or they may ask for additional information, which is the most likely thing to happen. This will take time as anything with this process has. How long? We really don't know. Several weeks most likely.
My mind has literally been spinning over the last week and my emotions have been all over the place. God is good though and these last couple of days I am finding peace and hope once again. God knows the plans He has for us and they are good! Last weekend was rough and Monday I hit my breaking point. I look at where I am today just three days later and I can only explain the peace I feel by the grace of God. So, I am going to continue to pray and stay in His word and have faith that He has brought us this far and will see this through to completion.
Your prayers have never been more important to us - we appreciate every one of them!
A verse that has come to my attention several times this week has been 1 Peter 5:7 "Cast all your cares upon the Lord, for He cares for you."
Love to you all,
Sara
O sweet friend. I am so sorry to hear this latest delay but am praying in confidence that God is in control!! Knowing that He has the exact moment for Fiona to come home planned and praying for all of those who are and will be touched through your journey.
ReplyDeleteIf you need anything let me know!!
Love you all!
T