Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Day 13

Hello Family and Friends,


Today has been a difficult day. Peter and Charles went to the courthouse this morning and our judge was hearing cases so they could not see her. They went back at 2:00 and she refused to see them for some reason. She said they could see her secretary, but the secretary said she was also busy and they could make an appointment to see her on Monday. They judge has also made an announcement that she is very busy and not taking any new cases. We are on her docket though, so hopefully that does not include us. From what we hear about this judge, urgency is not an issue to her and she would not hesitate to schedule something a few weeks out.

We feel we are at a crossroad here because we do not know how much longer to wait for a courtdate with us staying in the country. One option is for us to come home and wait and then travel back. This is not what we want and the thought of leaving these girls, even for while is so hard to imagine. We have fallen so in love with them and are certain God is bringing them into our families. At the same time, we cannot see the plan God has set in front of us as to when this will happen.

We just finished praying with Scovia, Florence, Livingston and Teddy. Scovia said that when she heard we wanted to pray tonight that the Lord directed her to Jeremiah 29:11-14. The faith of the Lule family is awe-inspiring. I felt peace during the prayer and I believe God will see this through.

Please pray for our judge, Judge O'Kerro, that God would work on her heart, and for Peter, that he will feel an urgency to work on our behalf. Please also pray that we would have a clear and direct path placed before us tomorrow. I know in the end, Fiona and Rachael will be coming home to be with us. God IS at work here.

Once again, we thank you for your prayers and are blessed to have you all in our lives and working on our behalf in this process.

Love and Miss You All! Love you Tyler!
Sara and Dave

Jeremiah 29: 11-14
"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord. plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you, declares the Lord, and will bring you back from captivity. I will gather you from all the nations and places where I have banished you, declares the Lord, and will bring you back to the place from which I carried you into exile."

4 comments:

  1. TIA! We are praying that you will not have to leave those beautiful girls behind. Although you may not know what God's plan is right now, I am praying that tomorrow the plan is more clear and that God has softened Judge O'Kerra's heart. I'm sure that if she would see you for just a few minutes, she'd know that Fiona is already your daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep the faith! I am so comforted that you are surrounded by God's people. He has carefully placed them in your life for this purpose.

    We too will pray for a softening of the Judge's heart. So glad you are making memories with the girls! Love the Plavchaks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We know that Fiona is meant for you, and you for her but it dawned on me earlier this evening that maybe the reason this is taking longer than planned is, other than a lesson in patience, to make sure that your I600 is processed and taken care of. Since you wouldn't be able to bring her home without that perhaps you are being given more time with the girls to solidify your bond and give the I600 time to process. We know God is working here and pray for some answer so you can move ahead. I've uploaded some photos from Tyler's graduation on my facebook and will be tagging you in them. I did get some pictures of Mari too for Mark & Rachelle. It was a great ceremony and, as I'm sure you heard, Tyler received the award for Flexibility!?!?! Sue & I looked at eachother in disbelieve but I'm sure if he's being more flexible these days anything is possible! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your specific requests are in our prayers tonight. How wonderful that you are surrounded by such faithful people. Know that we are with you in spirit throughout each day. As you, I believe that God is at work -- while we may not know the road that lies ahead, we trust that His way is better than our own. Whatever the path, it will all work out according to His plan.

    We do pray that the girls will be able to come home with you and that another trip will not be required. From your stories and pictures, it is easy to see how you have fallen in love with Fiona (and the Grahams with Rachel).

    Our love to you both,
    Becky & Andy

    ReplyDelete